WHAT IS PREVENTIVE DENTISTRY?
Preventive dentistry is the practice of caring for one's teeth to keep them healthy. These practices are designed to ensure that teeth are clean, strong, and white. Children should be taught proper oral hygiene at an early age. This helps to avoid cavities, gum disease, enamel wear, and more. There are many forms of preventive dentistry
1) The most important part of preventive dentistry is to brush teeth daily with fluoride toothpaste.
2) replace their toothbrushes three to four times a year or as the bristles start to fray.
3) Daily flossing is also recommended. Flossing helps to clean out the tight spaces between the teeth. People with braces may need to use floss threaders to get between the metal brackets.
4) Annual dental cleanings and exams allow dentists to identify problems and take care of them right away. People should see their dentists at least once a year for an exam to check for any problems in the teeth or gums
5) Eating a balanced diet also helps to protect the teeth by providing them with the nutrients they need.
PIT AND FISSURE SEALANTS
1) Pit and Fissure sealants are plastic coatings that are painted on to the grooves of the back teeth.
2) The sealant forms a protective layer that keeps Food and bacteria from getting stuck in the tiny grooves in the teeth and causing decay.
3) Sealant usually last for many years, but needs to be checked regularly
1) Fluoride varnish is highly effective to reduce tooth decay if it is applied twice a year.
2) Fluoride varnish provides Extra Protection against tooth decay .
3)Fluoride varnish is a pale yellow gel that sets quickly when applied to children’s teeth using a soft brush.
WHAT DOES PREVENTIVE DENTISTRY DO?
Preventive dentistry prevents people from developing dental problems later on. Cavities, gingivitis, enamel loss, and periodontitis can all be avoided or mitigated with proper dental care
WHO BENEFITS FROM PREVENTIVE DENTISTRY?
Everyone benefits from preventive dentistry. Children in particular benefit because it allows their newly developing adult teeth to come in strong and healthy. Aging adults benefit from preventive dentistry because it helps them to keep their real teeth. Oral health is connected to body health as a whole. This is because the mouth is a breeding ground for harmful bacteria. Maintaining a clean mouth benefits overall health.